Thursday, July 7, 2011

A few of my favorite things

I am absolutely loving being here in Taiwan! Each day I get to go out and see, eat, and experience so many new things.  Some of my favorites so far are: 
Morning fruit markets,

I bought some dragonfruit to try because I thought it looked exotic.  It's so colorful and bright purple so I thought it would have a strong flavor, but it actually has a more subtle flavor and the texture reminds me of kiwis.   


the girls I'm here with,
Veronica, Heather, Sara, Rachel

Kylie, Kaylee, Christina, Jessica


the fence of locks,






beautiful temples,


riding my bike around touring the city,

(I know neither of these are pictures of me on my bike, that's because I don't have one yet...)

 
and the Taiwanese people.  I just love them.  They are always so kind and try to help.  Yes, we get a lot of stares, but that's fun too and I just smile and wave to them.  The cutest is when you smile and wave to a young child and their face just brightens up with a huge smile.  Last night I was in the grocery store and a man came up to me asking if I was an English teacher. I said yes, and he proceeded to try and talk to me a little bit to practice his English.  He said he was a bit rusty, but I was able to understand what he was saying and enjoyed our small conversation.  Most everyone is so friendly and you can't help but to love them. 

1 comment:

  1. What if the fence of locks? Does it represent something? It is cool. Maybe you should add a lock.

    ReplyDelete