Tomorrow I begin a whole new adventure. Teaching. The reason I am here in Taiwan. Here at the Berhan Language Institute, I will be teaching 3 classes: Morning Kindergarten, Kindergarten Enrichment, and an enrichment basic reading and writing class. I am so excited!! We have had training this whole week and now the time has finally come to begin. I admit before coming, and up to a few days ago I was really nervous about beginning to teach, but now that I have my schedule and plans I feel so much better about it. It's so helpful to know what you are going to be doing. Today I set up my classroom. Well, more like decorated a bulletin board for my reading and writing class and made sure I had everything I needed in them all. There are many teachers using the rooms so we have a limited space. Berhan is a cram school that parents send their children to after regular school in order to learn English in preparation for assessments into high school. There are many cram schools in the area. We had a tour around the public elementary school one day and were able to see many of them. They were everywhere, it was crazy. Education is so important.
Wish me luck! I will let you know how the first day went!

Good luck with teaching! I know you will do a great job! Do you teach during the day or after regular school hours?
ReplyDeleteHope all goes well. If nothing else the kids will love you. Then no worries.
ReplyDelete