Today has been very full of lesson planning, or maybe should I say attempting to plan lessons. On Tuesdays I finish teaching at 11:30 AM (wahoo!!), so I told myself I would spend the day planning and getting things ready to teach and wouldn't allow myself to succumb to one of my favorite pastimes, sleeping. Not only did I have to plan and submit next weeks lesson plans for my 3 classes I also had to plan my Relief Society lesson for this Sunday, because, well last Sunday I was called to be a Relief Society Instructor in my branch. It surprised me, but I was also surprised that I found myself excited to teach Relief Society. Have I ever thought it would be fun to teach Relief Society? No, I had always hoped and wished that I would never be asked to be an instructor. I guess it's just finally my turn. At least I'm excited about it now and won't be dreading for Sunday to come.
I had a lot of time to work on all my lesson planning stuff today, but do you think I finished? Sadly, no I did not. I finished my lessons for my classes, but have yet to finish my relief society lesson. I had a few distractions throughout the day, and yes as you all know, I'll even admit it, I tend to procrastinate things just a little sometimes. My favorite distraction of the day was skyping my mom and sister Kelsey and I was able to see my cute new little nephew Alex for the first time! I think that brings the count up to (just a minute let me count...) 11 nieces and nephews!! I sure miss them and the rest of my family so I'm thankful for the many different ways I can communicate with them since I'm on the other side of the world.
Kind of unrelated to anything else in this post, but I have been in Taiwan just barely over 3 weeks!! Time sure is a weird thing, most of the time it feels like I've been living here forever, but at the same time it feels like I have not been here that long. I sure am glad I am here, it just feels so right. Coming here may not have been my plan a year ago, but it has been the Lord's plan and I am so thankful he has led me here. (Ha! I was able to relate that with the rest of this post with the whole plan thing)
Well, I guess I better quit this distraction and get back to planning my relief society lesson...
Love that post! So you! And actually, I've been wanting to be a RS instructor forever which means I never will be. We seem to get the calling we think we'll never want. Glad you're having a good time and feeling like you are where you need to be. That's a good feeling!
ReplyDeletedo you live in Taiwan now? which city do you live?
ReplyDeletei live in taichung now and i'm a high school student ^^