Sunday, July 24, 2011

A day in Taipei

Yesterday I had a great opportunity to spend most of the day in Taipei. It was amazing!! To begin our adventure we rode our bikes to the Feng Yuan chapel in order to catch the bus with some other members of our branch. 
Biking in a dress, what an adventure.

The bus ride to Taipei was beautiful! I loved being able to see more of this country.



And our first stop was the Taipei Temple! It is such a small and beautiful temple.  It was so nice to be there to feel more at home and feel the spirit.

Christina, Veronica, Jessica, and I




After eating some delicious food and Kaylee and I shared some mango snowflake ice...



We got on the bus and headed for Taipei 101!
Taipei 101 from a distance



I thought it was soooo cool. I love being up high and being able to look over everything below me I just think it's pretty amazing.  Oh, and in case you didn't know, this building has the fastest elevator in the world.  We got to the 87th floor in 37 seconds.
.






I already can't wait to go back and see so many more things in Taipei.

4 comments:

  1. Cool!! I love all the pictures. What a beautiful place. Continue to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so green!! Beautiful! I hope you picked up a temple card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 87th floor my head is spinning! Wow, so glad you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had fun. And you look cute in your dress on a bike!

    ReplyDelete