Lets fast forward a bit in my blogging world, maybe within the next week or so we can rewind a bit for my Christmas break trips.
Lets celebrate Chinese New Year in Kaohsiung! On Saturday afternoon six of us Berhan teachers packed our bags and caught our bus headed south. That evening after a delicious mexican food dinner (yep I eat mexican food any chance I get) we visited a traditional market that is only open during Chinese New Year. There were all sorts of foods to sample and random things to see. It was sooo crowded with people!
 |
| It was sooo crowded! |
 |
| I tried almost all the food samples, just not the mushrooms. |
After attending church the next day we headed to the Sizihwan Bay area and the beach next to a university campus.
 |
| Waiting at the metro station, Ashton and Katie. |
 |
| The main beach entrance was closed :( |
It was soooo nice just spending some relaxing time on the beach. Time to take photos, stare into the ocean, ponder about things, play in the sand...
 |
| Elias sculpting his masterpiece. |
It wasn't long until I had a work of art created right on top of my foot. I was only specific about one thing, that I had five toes. Don't count them...
The sun began its descent so we hurried to the best spot to view the sunset.
Sadly, there were too many clouds and it wasn't as beautiful as we had hoped.
 |
| Trying to capture the best shot of the little sunset. |
 |
| Former British Consulate at Takou |
Our first adventure the next morning was hiking monkey mountain!! My friend Tommy met us at the metro station, helped us rent scooters and we headed off to see the monkeys!
 |
| Monkeys!!! |
 |
| Tommy with the monkeys right before they started running around crazily. |
 |
| The group hiking Monkey Mountain |
 |
| Kaohsiung, I love city views. |
 |
| Ashton and Kaylee monkeying around? |
 |
| I touched this monkey! |
I really wanted to touch one of the monkeys. My friends had forbid me from bringing any food so they wouldn't attack us. Each time I got sort of close I got too scared. At one point this monkey had it's back to me and I quickly took advantage of the moment and quickly poked it with my finger. I startled it and it ran over a couple feet, then I took its photo. I really touched a monkey!!
That evening we cruised our scooter over to the Dream Mall. The Dream Mall is a HUGE department store, and there's pretty much a carnival on the roof.
 |
| This little ticket means I get to go bungee jumping!! well sort of... |
 |
| You have no idea how excited Kaylee and I were. |
 |
| I think I was trying to figure out what the other workers were saying to my bungee guy, he seemed a bit embarrassed... |
Just before being hoisted upwards the guy told me "Don't move, I'll make you fly."
 |
| WHoooo!! It was sooo fun! |
 |
| Kaylee beginning her ascent |
 |
| Ashton with the crazy guy. She was flying everywhere! |
 |
| Do you think Sara is excited? |
For our adventuring on Tuesday we headed to Tainan.
The main thing we wanted to see was an awesome tree house. Here is the Anping Tree House. It was originally a warehouse, but was abandoned sometime after World War II. Since its abandonment banyan trees have grown in and around the building.
We may or may not have a bit of a photo-shoot, trying to look like models and legit photographers.
 |
| Asian cowboys? |
Kaohsiung is one of my favorite cities I've visited here in Taiwan. I'll definitely go back again in the future for more adventures.
Sorry for all my super long posts... props to you for reading until the end. There are always so many pictures that I want to share! I'm thinking of starting a photo site or something to share some of my photos. Would anyone even look at them if I did?
You have such fun trips!!! I would definitely look at your photo site. You take such fun pictures.
ReplyDeleteI love your trips. Your photos are awesome. I definitely would check out your photo site
ReplyDeleteI think you should look into photography someday. I think you have some talent there. You are going to be so bored when you get home!
ReplyDelete