On the edge of Taichung is an extraordinary little village, Rainbow Village! An old village was going to be torn down and an old man decided to paint many of the houses and alleys in-between. Here is the result:
We even met the painter, Rainbow Grandpa!
It made me really happy to find out that the painter called himself Rainbow Grandpa. Why? Well, my fifth grade students like to call Rayne (on the top left) Rainbow Sister. One day we were writing stories and one of them made up a whole story with Rainbow Sister, Brother, Mother, Father, and Grandpa. (maybe I'll ask him if I can post it here). When I told them I met Rainbow Grandpa they thought it was pretty funny.
| My roommates are awesome. |
| We're basically twins. |
This little place was definitely worth taking the time to find.
That looks so fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun, bright village. Glad they didn't tear it down.
ReplyDelete