There are many foods I've come to love here in Taiwan and when I go home I won't be surrounded by the convenience of being able to ride my bike or scooter down the road to buy some cheap delicious food to satisfy a craving. So, I've been thinking that I need to learn how to make some of these tasty things! In March I attempted one of my favorites, dumplings. I found this website and decided to use it for reference. I invited Kaylee to join my task and she was all for it. Then I proceeded to invite Rayne also, and come to find out she already knew how to make them! So, lucky for me I had two great friends to help me and a recipe to refer to!
First I made the wrappers. It was very basic, flour and water.
Next was chopping up the meat. Our kitchen didn't have a knife that was sharp enough, so I improvised and used the blender.
Rayne chopped up the cabbage, I added it to our pork and ground beef mixture.
Rayne rolled out the wrappers, and shaped them.
I put the filling in the wrappers.
and folded them nice and pretty! Just like Rayne taught me.
We decided we wanted our dumplings more crunchy like potstickers, not boiled. We placed them in the pan, added a bit of water, put on the lid and let them cook.
I don't remember how long we cooked them, but here they are all finished!
Yum, yum!
I love dumplings, and Taiwan.
That's right. You learn how to make some of that stuff so those of us who will never go to Taiwan can have some!
ReplyDeletePlease, please, please come visit me when you get home and teach me!
ReplyDeleteYep.. We want some of those. Hurry home.
ReplyDeleteLooks Delicious!!! I love new recipes and asian cuisine is an empty spot in my recipe collection..
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy!
ReplyDelete