Sunday, November 20, 2011

A bit of craziness

I think I could sum up the past month or so in one word, crazy.  Seriously, one thing after another has just been coming my way and my life has been continually picking up speed.  I would love to put some posts up about some of the bigger events, but there's just no way that's going to happen anytime soon.  So I guess you will just have to deal with a catch up post with some main events.

Halloween- This in and of itself was crazy to plan, re-plan, plan again, put together, experience, and take down.

My Enrichment reading class. (Mermaid, Penny, Jenny, Sam, Joe, Joyce, Lucina[from my KE class] and Shelly)


Memphis: The most adorable Harry Potter I've ever seen.



We had the most legit haunted house ever.  No joke.



Taipei- One of the most exciting things to happen this month.  Why? My new camera!!






My camera search crew.  I'm so grateful they were there!




Cindy's Wedding- A Taiwanese wedding is definitely different than any wedding I'm used to.  The similarities? There is a bride and groom.  The differences? Many, many differences.  Okay, maybe that's exaggerating, but not too much.  Apparently they don't ever really have a ceremony, just two huge dinners for family and friends.



The first course: a raw jumbo shrimp.  I was brave enough to try it.



Berhan's Secretaries 

MK Field Trip- I love my MK students.  They are just adorable.  I was so excited to go on a field trip and spend more time with them outside of the classroom.

Caleb was my buddy for the majority of the trip. 









Single Adult Conference- Wow.  That's just about all I have to say about it.  This was definitely one of the most interesting times of my life, for many different reasons.

Sadly, I really didn't take very many pictures, but I was in a bajillion photos.



Scooter- Ya, I feel much more legit cruising around on my little scooter.  It's pretty awesome.

(I don't have any very good pictures, so you'll just have to take my word for it that I really do have one!)

Thanksgiving- A once in a lifetime event. Seriously, it's not very often you get to celebrate Thanksgiving in Taiwan with some good friends, plus we were able to have our dinner here on the fourth floor of the school (where we live).  That will never happen again, it was a miracle in and of itself that our boss allowed us to invite friends up here.


Christina's beautiful and delicious apple pie.


Our feast!

Cam's first time carving a turkey.



Primary Program- I thought it would take a miracle for it to go over fairly smoothly and successful, and you know what? It turned out great.  Some of the children were too quiet and me whispering their lines to them was louder than their voice, but they did their best and we had a successful program.

Well, that's basically the past few weeks in a nutshell, I hope you enjoyed it.  

2 comments:

  1. Whew...sounds like fun comes your way like a freight train. Hehe... {I was just reading idioms from some fifth graders books the other day.} They make me laugh.
    You look good. RAW shrimp? I am glad you didn't die...GAG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are experiencing so many wonderful and exciting things. I love seeing what you are doing. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete