Sunday, October 23, 2011

Rain, Fog, Ocean and Taroko



Our plans were to spend the next two days in Taroko Gorge doing a lot of hiking, but the rain put a bit of a damper on those plans, all but 4 areas of Taroko Gorge were closed. So, instead of heading straight to Taroko we bought some bus tickets and headed to the ocean.







After that beautiful excursion, we caught a bus back to Hualien, and bought some more bus tickets to visit Taroko.

The bus station that looked like a bus.
 There would be so many beautiful sights and things to see in Taroko!  As we pulled up to the parking lot I tried to turn on my camera, but it wouldn't turn on!! Not at all.  I was sooo bummed, I had planned on taking so many pictures.  I had just replaced the batteries yesterday and it had never told me that it was low.  I tried to accept the fact that it was dead and I would just have to go without my own photos and steal some from the other girls later.  I was telling Kaylee this and pounded on my on/off button many times to prove the point to her when it turned on. "Hooray!!" I thought, "it's not dead after all!" It blinked that it needed batteries and shut off once again.  By this time we were at the visitors center so I went on a hunt to buy some batteries.  I found some and they were a bit expensive, but so worth purchasing so that I could have my own photos, and share them with you!






These spiders are at least the size of my hand and are found everywhere.  And when I say everywhere, I really mean everywhere.

We had to walk through 2 very long tunnels before hiking.   Walking through the first one took at least 15 minutes.  It seemed to go on, and on, and on and...
















Taroko day 2:


Shoot... photos maybe?

Have I ever mentioned that I love bridges? Cuz, well, I do.


The water was very, very blue.  It had to have been polluted with something.








We saw many large spiders along this trail and they helped persuade a few of the girls that it was time to turn around and head back.



Taiwan is such a beautiful country with so many different sites to see.  I may not be able to see all of while I am here, but I will do my best.   

我爱台湾!

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful!! Glad you found batteries. I love the sculptures, especially the snails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very pretty there! Those spiders made me want to gag and gave me the shivers. Yuck, yuck yuck!!!! I can't say it enough. YUCK! Oh, and I love bridges too. Those are some cool ones.

    ReplyDelete