Life is magnificent, brilliant, wonderfully amazing. At times it is hard and we may forget the essence of it, but life is truly a gift.
Friday, September 23, 2011
Friday = Party!!
My enrichment reading class earned enough stars to have a party, so on Wednesday I asked them when they wanted their party and what they wanted to do. After deciding to have it on Friday I wrote "Friday = Party!! Yay!" on the whiteboard. It didn't take long for them to start yelling "No Chinese!, Teacher no Chinese!". Confused, I turned around wondering at what they thought I said in Chinese. Quickly I found out that they were referring to the equals sign, it looks very similar to the Chinese character for two ( 二 ). I protested that I really didn't write in Chinese, but ended up just writing equals and then changed it to is a, for Friday is a Party!! They are always trying to catch me, or each other writing or speaking Chinese.
For our party I bought some crackers and juice and baked some cookies before class. After a short lesson (which was actually more of a test, but they had no idea), we had our party. We played a some games and ate the food we brought to share. My students kept giving me all sorts of Taiwanese snacks that I had no idea what they were. I have a few sitting on my desk now that I'm a little scared to eat...
This class started out the semester with four students, then went up to 8 and for the past month or so has been fluctuating between 7 and 8 with random students coming and going. I have one more student who is regularly in this class, Penny, but she wasn't here today. I love these students. They make me smile and laugh so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I love it! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete